- Product Name :
- Ubiquitin+1, Human
- Storage :
- Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. After reconstitution, store at -80°C and avoid frequent freeze and thaw.
- Composition :
- Lyophilized from 20mM HEPES, pH 7.4
- Source :
- Purified from E.coli expressing the human Ubuiquitin +1 gene (1-95aa, with N-GST tag)
- Molecular Weight :
- 37 kDa
- Endotoxin activity :
- Not tested
- Usage :
- 500ul of distilled water will yield a concentration of 1mg/ml.
- Purity :
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- Expression system :
- Background :
- Ubiquitin+1 (Ub+1) is a novel mutant form of ubiquitin that can be produced through a process known as molecular frameshift. Ub+1 can be polyubiquitinated to produce aberrant polyubiquitin chains that inhibit the 26S proteasome. Especially ub+1 is accumulated in aggregates containing amyloid-beta and phosphorylated-tau. Elevated expression of Ub+1 mRNA and protein has been observed in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. Also ub+1 acts as an aggravating factor in polyglutamine-induced neuro-degeneration.
- Background reference :
- 1) Van Leeuwen, F.W. et al. (1998) Science, 279, 242-247.
2) Van Leeuwen, F.W. et al. (1998) Trends Neurosci. 21(8), 331-335.
- Research area :
- Database link - SwissProt no.
The test was performed by customers with their own sample.