- Product Name :
- Tumor Necrosis Factor α, Human
- Storage :
- Store at -20°C. After reconstitution, store at -80°C and avoid frequent freeze and thaw.
- Composition :
- Liquid in 20mM Tris, pH 8.0, 1mM EDTA, 10% Glycerol
- Source :
- Purified from E.coli expressing the human TNF alpha (77-233aa)
- Molecular Weight :
- Specific activity :
- The ED50 asdetermined by the cytolysis of murine L929cells in the presense of actinomycin D is 0.03-0.06ng/ml
- Endotoxin activity :
- < 0.05 EU/μg
- Purity :
- > 98% by SDS-PAGE
- Expression system :
- Background :
- Tumor necrosis factor-a (TNF-a) is a pleiotropic pro-inflammatory cytokine produced mainly by activated macrophages and in smaller amounts by several other types of cell. TNF-a has been isolated and characterized from a large number of mammals and fish species. TNF-a is expressed in two different forms: a soluble. Mature 17kDa form and a transmembrane 26kDa form. TNF-a interacts with two distinct cell-surface receptors : Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1(TNFR1) and TNFR2. these mediate the cellular actions. The actions of TNF-a are diverse and profound involving inflammation, apoptosis, cell proliferation and the stimulation of various aspects within the immune system. TNF-a is increasingly recognized as a key regulator of lipid metabolism in adipose tissue and protein catabolism in muscle and in disease states such as cancer, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and obesity-related insulin resistance.
- Background reference :
- 1) Wen-Xing Ding et al (2004) J.Cell. Mol. Med 8(4);445-454.
2) Sudhir Gupta (2002) Journal of Clinical Immunology 22(4);185-194.
3) Frederick W. goetz et al (2004) Developmental and comparative Immunology 28;487-497.
4) Havell, E.A. (1987) J. Immunol. 39:4225-4231.
- Research area :
- Database link - SwissProt no.
The test was performed by customers with their own sample.