- Product Name :
- α-synuclein, Human
- Storage :
- Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. After reconstitution, store at -80°C and avoid frequent freeze and thaw.
- Composition :
- Lyophilized from 20mM Tris, pH8.0, 10mM NaCl, 130mM imidazole
- Source :
- Purified from E.coli expressing the human alpha-synuclein gene (1-140aa, with N-His tag)
- Molecular Weight :
- 16.7 kDa
- Endotoxin activity :
- Not tested
- Purity :
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- Expression system :
- Background :
- ynuclein is a small, soluble protein primarily expressed in neural tissue. The synuclein family includes three known proteins: alpha-synuclein, beta-synuclein, and gamma-synuclein. alpha-Synuclein is a very conserved, small acidic protein (140 residues) with a molecular weight of approximately 19 kDa that accounts for about 1% of total protein in neurons. It is concentrated primarily in presynaptic axon terminals and plays a central role in initiating Parkinson's disease. It is the principal constituent of Lewy bodies which are formed by protein aggregation and inclusion body formation.alpha-Synuclein lacks secondary or tertiary structure, so it belongs to the family of natively unfolded proteins, many of which act as chaperones. Much of this alpha-synuclein has been post-translationally modified to increase the rate of oligomerization. Mutant forms of alpha-Synuclein are associated with autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease. The mutations increase the aggregation rate of the resultant alpha-synuclein.
- Background reference :
- 1) Wakabayashi K et al. 2007, Neuropathology 27(5):494-506.
2) Beyer K., 2006, Acta Neuropathol 112(3):237-251.
3) Bruening W et al., 2000, Cancer 88(9):2154-2163.
- Research area :
- Database link - SwissProt no.
The test was performed by customers with their own sample.