- Product Name :
- Trail, human
- Storage :
- Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. After reconstitution, store at -80°C and avoid frequent freeze and thaw.
- Composition :
- Lyophilized from 1X PBS (pH7.4)
- Source :
- Purified from E.coli expressing the human tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 10 isoform 1 gene (95-281aa)
- Molecular Weight :
- 21 kDa
- Endotoxin activity :
- Not tested
- Purity :
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- Expression system :
- Background :
- In the field of cell biology, TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL), is a protein functioning as a ligand that induces the process of cell death called apoptosis. TRAIL is a cytokine that is produced and secreted by most normal tissue cells. It causes apoptosis primarily in tumor cells, by binding to certain death receptors. It has been used as a target of several anti-cancer therapeutics since the mid-1990s. These however have not shown significant survival benefit. TRAIL has also been designated CD253 (cluster of differentiation 253) and TNFSF10 (tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 10)."
- Background reference :
- 1) Wiley SR, Schooley K, Smolak PJ, Din WS, Huang CP, Nicholl JK, Sutherland GR, Smith TD, Rauch C, Smith CA (December 1995). Identification and characterization of a new member of the TNF family that induces apoptosis. Immunity 3 (6): 673–82. doi:10.1016/1074-7613(95)90057-8. PMID 8777713.
2) Pitti RM, Marsters SA, Ruppert S, Donahue CJ, Moore A, Ashkenazi A (May 1996). Induction of apoptosis by Apo-2 ligand, a new member of the tumor necrosis factor cytokine family. J. Biol. Chem. 271 (22): 12687–90. doi:10.1074/jbc.271.22.12687. PMID 8663110.
3) TNFSF10. NCBI Gene.
- Database link - SwissProt no.
The test was performed by customers with their own sample.