- Product Name :
- Glutathione Reductase, Yeast
- Storage :
- Store at -80°C. Avoid frequent freeze and thaw.
- Composition :
- Liquid in 20mM HEPES, pH 7.0, 10% Glycerol
- Source :
- Purified from E.coli expressing the yeast Glutathione Reductase gene (1-483aa)
- Molecular Weight :
- 53 kDa
- Specific activity :
- 125U/mg(One unit will reduce 1μmole of oxidized glutathione per min at pH 7.5 at 25 °C)
- Endotoxin activity :
- Not tested
- Purity :
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- Expression system :
- Background :
- Glutathione reductase (GR) is a member of pyridine nucleotide-disulfide oxidoreductases, which includes the closely related enzymes thioredoxin reductase, lipoamide dehydrogenase, trypanothione reductase and mercuric ion reductase. GR is a cytoplasmic flavoenzyme widely distributed in aerobic organisms. The dimeric protein is composed of two identical subunits, each containing 1 FAD and 1 redox-active disulfide/dithiol as components of the catalytic apparatus. It plays a role in maintaining glutathione (GSH) in its reduced form by catalyzing the reduction of glutathione disulfide (GSSG) (1): GSSG + NADPH + H+ 2GSH + NADP+ In most eukaryotic cells, GR maintains the ratio of [GSH]/[GSSG] elevated, and participates in several vital functions such as the detoxification of reactive oxygen species as well as protein and DNA biosynthesis (2).
- Background reference :
- 1) Carlberg, I. and Mannervik, B. (1985) J. Biol. Chem. 261: 1629-1635.
2) Picaud, T. and Desbois, A. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277: 31715-31721.
- Research area :
The test was performed by customers with their own sample.