- Product Name :
- Ubiquitin (GST tagged)
- Storage :
- Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. After reconstitution, store at -80°C and avoid frequent freeze and thaw.
- Composition :
- Lyophilized from 20mM HEPES, pH 7.4
- Source :
- Purified from E.coli expressing the human Ubiquitin gene (1-76aa, with N-GST tag)
- Molecular Weight :
- 35 kDa
- Endotoxin activity :
- Not tested
- Purity :
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- Expression system :
- Background :
- Ubiquitin(Ub) is a small protein that is composed of 76 amino acids. Ub is found only in eukaryotic organisms and is highly conserved. Ub can exist either in free form or as part of a complex with other proteins. In the latter case, Ub is attached(conjugated) to proteins through a covalent bond between the glycine at the C-terminal end of Ub and the side chains of lysine on the proteins; Ubiquitination.? Ub functions to regulate protein turnover in a cell by closely regulating the degradation of specific proteins. Ubiquitin has been immunohistochemically localized to a number of pathological inclusions, including ; Lewy bodies of Parkinson’s disease,neurofibrillary of Alzheimer's disease, Pick bodies of Pick's disease.
- Background reference :
- 1) Ross CA, et al. (2004) Trends Cell Biol. 14 (12) :703-11.
2) Hattori N, et al.(2004) Lancet. 364(9435):722-4.
- Research area :
- Database link - SwissProt no.
The test was performed by customers with their own sample.